Khloé Kardashian Shares Her 'Famous' Thanksgiving Mac and Cheese Recipe
Khloé Kardashian is once again showing off her domestic skills, just in time for the holidays.
“I start preparing the day before and then, on Thanksgiving Day, I start at 7 a.m,” she said. “It’s just fun and I love to cook.”
RELATED: Khloé Kardashian Shows Off Her Insanely Organized Pantry: ‘As You Can Tell, I Like Containers’
Now, she has shared with the world her “famous Thanksgiving” mac and cheese recipe, which, in all honesty, sounds pretty delicious. Among the list of ingredients is sharp cheddar cheese, Velveeta (!!), a whole stick of butter, and spices like seasoning salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
While the full recipe is only available to subscribers, we do have her sister Kim‘s recipe from Kris Jenner‘s cookbook, In the Kitchen with Kris. In the book, Jenner says the recipe “can hold its own again any mac and cheese recipe out there.” Uh oh — could some more family drama be brewing?!
While Kim’s recipe varies pretty greatly from her younger sister’s, there is one important common bond: Velveeta.
Kim’s Super Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, plus softened butter for the baking dish
1 lb. elbow macaroni
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. dry mustard powder
3 cups whole milk, heated
½ yellow onion, shredded on the large holes of a box grater
½ tsp. sweet paprika
1 bay leaf
8 oz. pasteurized processed cheese, such as Velveeta, cubed
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
¼ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup shredded freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the elbow macaroni and cook according to the package directions until al dente. Do not overcook the macaroni as it will soften when baked. Drain well.
3. Meanwhile, melt 3 tbsp. butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and the dry mustard. Reduce the heat to low and let cook, but do not brown, whisking often, for 2 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk, being sure the mixture is smooth. Whisk in the shredded onion, paprika, bay leaf and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking often. Raise the heat to medium low and simmer, whisking often, until the sauce is slightly reduced and the consistency of thick heavy cream, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
4. Mix the Velveeta, cheddar, goat cheese, Gruyere, mozzarella and parmesan together in a medium bowl. Add three quarts of the cheese mixture to the sauce. Let stand for 1 minute, then stir until the cheeses melt. Season with salt and pepper to fast. Stir in the beaten eggs and mix well. Add the macaroni and mix well. Spread in the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese mixture.
5. Melt the remaining 3 tbsp. butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the panko and stir well. Sprinkle evenly over the macaroni mixture. Bake until the sauce is bubbling around the edges and the topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
RELATED: Get Khloé Kardashian’s Secrets for Perfectly Arranged (and Long-Lasting!) Flower Bouquets
—Shay Spence, @chezspence