Kathy Wakile’s Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cakes
¾ cup light brown sugar
¾ cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 (16-oz.) carton sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2¾ cups all-purpose flour
1½ tsp. baking powder
1½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Combine brown sugar with walnuts and cinnamon; reserve ½ cup. Toss remaining mixture with blueberries.
2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed in bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Stir together sour cream and vanilla. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add flour mixture to batter alternately with sour cream mixture, beating just until blended.
4. Spoon half of the batter evenly into 24 lightly greased and floured muffin cups. Sprinkle half of berry mixture evenly over batter. Spoon remaining batter evenly over berries. Top with remaining berries and brown sugar mixture.
5. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool cupcakes in pans for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes to wire racks; serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 2 dozen cakes