Julia Child's Quiche Au Roquefort
Quiche Au Roquefort
3 oz. Roquefort or blue cheese
6 oz. cream cheese or cottage cheese
2 tbsp. softened butter
3 tbsp. whipping cream
Salt and white pepper
Cayenne pepper to taste
½ tbsp. minced fresh chives or ½ tsp. minced green onion tops
9-in. frozen pie crust (Child’s recipe calls for homemade pastry shell)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Thaw pie crust for 15 minutes. Prebake it for 8 minutes. Take it out, poke holes in the bottom with a fork.
2. Put it back in for 2 minutes. Take it out. Lower the oven to 375°.
3. Blend the cheese, butter and cream with a fork, then beat in the eggs. Force the mixture through a sieve to get rid of the lumps.
4. Season to taste and stir in the chives or green onion tops.
5. Pour into the pastry shell and set in upper third of preheated oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until quiche has puffed and top has browned.