A cookie-studded cheesecake that won’t break the calorie bank.
Lisa Lillien is the author of the popular Hungry Girl website and email newsletter, featuring smart, funny advice on guilt-free eating. She is also the author of thirteen books, six of which debuted at number one on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Read her PEOPLE.com blog every Monday for slimmed-down celebrity recipes and more.
Oreo Cheesecake Dream Cake
½ cup reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups light/low-fat ricotta cheese
½ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
½ cup (about 4 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
¼ cup all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. natural calorie-free granulated sweetener, two times as sweet as sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
10 Oreo Thins (original flavor)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9″ springform cake pan with nonstick spray. Wrap foil around the bottom of the pan to prevent condensation from dripping into the oven.
2. In a large bowl, stir cream cheese until smooth. Add ricotta cheese. With an electric mixer set to medium speed, beat until smooth, 1 – 2 minutes. Continue to beat while gradually adding all remaining ingredients except Oreo Thins.
3. Beat until smooth, another 1 – 2 minutes.
4. Break 7 Oreo Thins into pieces (or roughly chop). Gently fold into the cheesecake mixture. Evenly pour mixture into the cake pan.
5. Bake until firm and light golden brown, about 50 minutes.
6. Let cool completely, about 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours.
7. Crush or finely chop remaining 3 Oreo Thins, and sprinkle over cheesecake.
8. Release springform, and slice.
RELATED VIDEO: How to Make Funfetti Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache Glaze
HG FYI: If substituting a no-calorie granulated sweetener that measures cup-for-cup like sugar instead of one twice as sweet, double the amount called for in this recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Cool time: 1 hour
Chill time: 3 hours
Nutritional information: ⅛th of cake: 169 calories, 7.5g total fat (4g sat fat), 314mg sodium, 19.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 8g sugars, 10.5g protein
‘Til next time… Chew the right thing!