Hungry Girl: Make a Low-Cal Peach Cobbler for Two — with No Cleanup!
Lisa Lillien is the author of the popular Hungry Girl website and email newsletter, featuring smart, funny advice on guilt-free eating. She is also the author of eleven books, six of which debuted at number one on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Read her PEOPLE.com blog every Monday for slimmed-down celebrity recipes and more.
Gooey peach cobbler? Fantastic. The oversized calorie counts of restaurant versions and the oversized mess of D.I.Y. cobblers? Not so fantastic.
Good news, dessert lovers: I’ve got a recipe that’s low in calories and practically cleans up after itself. How? It’s made with light ingredients, and baked in a packet of foil! This one’s a must-try.
WATCH THIS: Food Hack: Make Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream Bowls
Foil-Pack Peach Cobbler
Makes: 2 Servings
2 ½ cups peaches cut into 1-inch chunks (fresh or thawed from frozen)
1 tbsp. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
¼ tsp. cinnamon, divided
1 packet natural no-calorie sweetener, divided
¼ cup old-fashioned oats
1 tbsp. whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp. whipped butter
Dash of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium-large bowl, sprinkle peaches with cornstarch/arrowroot, 1/8 tsp. cinnamon, and half a packet of no-calorie sweetener. Stir until evenly coated.
3. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, butter, and salt. Add remaining 1/8 tsp. cinnamon and half packet no-calorie sweetener. Stir until well mixed and crumbly.
4. Distribute peach mixture onto the center of the foil. Evenly top with oat mixture.
5. Place another large piece of foil over the fruit. Fold together and seal all four edges of the two foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until topping has lightly browned and peaches have softened. Cut packet to release steam before opening entirely.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Nutritional information: ½ of recipe (about 1 cup): 173 calories, 4.5g total fat (2g sat fat), 103mg sodium, 32g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 16.5g sugars, 3.5g protein
‘Til next time… Chew the right thing!