This parfait will give you blueberry pie vibes.
Lisa Lillien is the author of the popular Hungry Girl website and email newsletter, featuring smart, funny advice on guilt-free eating. She is also the author of thirteen books, six of which debuted at number one on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Read her PEOPLE.com blog every Monday for slimmed-down celebrity recipes and more.
Blueberry Pie Breakfast Parfait
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed from frozen, no sugar added)
1 packet natural no-calorie sweetener
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 graham cracker (¼ sheet), finely crushed
¼ tsp. cinnamon
Dash of salt
1. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tbsp. water.
2. Add blueberries, half of the sweetener packet, ⅛ tsp. vanilla extract, ⅛ tsp. cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. Cover and microwave for 1½ minutes, or until thickened.
3. Let cool for 10 minutes, or until cooled and thickened. (Optional: Refrigerate until chilled.)
4. In a small bowl, mix yogurt with remaining half of sweetener packet, ⅛ tsp. vanilla extract, and ⅛ tsp. cinnamon.
5. Spoon half of the yogurt into a medium glass. Top with half of the blueberry mixture. Repeat with remaining yogurt and blueberry mixture.
6. Sprinkle with crushed graham cracker.
RELATED VIDEO: How to Make Everything Bagel French Toast with Maple Cream Cheese
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes or less
Cool time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Information: Entire recipe: 196 calories, 1g total fat (0g sat fat), 225mg sodium, 35g carbs, 4g fiber, 20g sugars, 13g protein
‘Til next time… Chew the right thing!