And it's only 123 calories for a fully-loaded slice.
Lisa Lillien is the author of the popular Hungry Girl website and email newsletter, featuring smart, funny advice on guilt-free eating. She is also the author of thirteen books, six of which debuted at number one on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Read her PEOPLE.com blog every Monday for slimmed-down celebrity recipes and more.
The banana split is one of the most iconic desserts ever, and for good reason—those flavors pair perfectly together! The fresh fruit, sweet ice cream, rich chocolate…what more can you ask for? This multi-serving spin on the dessert is the ultimate way to enjoy the classic at home with friends and family, who are sure to become instant fans. And thanks to low-calorie ice cream, you get a fully loaded slice for just 123 calories!
Banana Split Pie
1 pint light vanilla ice cream with about 300 calories per pint, softened
1½ cups sliced strawberries
1 pint light chocolate ice cream with about 300 calories per pint, softened
2 bananas, sliced
2 Tbsp. light chocolate syrup
1 Tbsp. crushed dry-roasted peanuts
8 maraschino cherries
1. Scoop vanilla ice cream into a large pie pan, and spread into an even layer. Top with strawberry slices, pressing lightly into ice cream to adhere.
2. Scoop chocolate ice cream into the pie pan, and spread into an even layer.
3. Top with banana, and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with nuts, and top with cherries.
4. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
5. Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing.
RELATED VIDEO: This NYC Ice Cream Shop Puts 19 Scoops on a Single Cone
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Freeze Time: 4 hours
Nutritional Information: ⅛th of pie: 123 calories, 2.5g total fat (1g sat fat), 80mg sodium, 28g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 13.5g sugars, 6g protein
‘Til next time… Chew the right thing!