Honey Garlic Chicken Wings: A 5-Ingredient Game Day Snack FTW
Take 5 is a PEOPLE Food series with a mission: Get a star-worthy meal (or dessert or cocktail) on your table in either 5 minutes or using only 5 ingredients. Each recipe has been bravely tested, tasted and approved by our food editors for your eating pleasure. If you’re hungry for more recipes, we’ve got you covered.
With football season in full swing, it’s time to bring out the wings.
While we’ve got nothing but love for the classic deep-fried buffalo-style wings, we are crushing hard on this sticky-sweet honey garlic version right about now. Plus they’re baked, not fried, so you can eat as many as you want…right?
Our recipe is only 5 ingredients (including a killer goat cheese dipping sauce!), but if you’re worried about missing out on the spice, a little hot sauce wouldn’t hurt either.
Watch the video above to see how it’s done, then follow the recipe below to make it at home.
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
1 lb. chicken wings
2 tbsp. olive oil or butter (freebie ingredient)
6 cloves garlic, minced
⅓ cup honey
1 4-oz. log goat cheese
2 tbsp. minced chives
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in honey and bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. Pat the wings dry with a paper towel and arrange them on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and toss with half of the glaze. Transfer to oven for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and brush the remaining glaze on the wings, then return to the oven for another 20 minutes, until dark and caramelized.
5. In a small bowl, stir together goat cheese, chives, and 1 tbsp. water. Season with salt and pepper and serve alongside wings.