Geoffrey Zakarian's Honey-Ginger Glazed Ham
Honey-Ginger Glazed Ham
1 (8-lb.) fully cooked bone-in spiral-cut ham
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup honey
¼ cup rice vinegar
1 tsp. lime zest plus 1 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lime)
1 (1-in.) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
½ tsp. crushed red pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place ham and stock in a shallow roasting pan. Loosely cover with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour, basting with stock in pan every 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile stir together honey, vinegar, lime zest and juice, ginger and crushed red pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium; simmer, undisturbed, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a small bowl; discard solids.
3. Increase oven temperature to 400°. Remove foil from ham; discard foil. Brush honey glaze all over ham (reserve remaining glaze in bowl). Return to oven. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer in thickest portion of meat registers 145°, about 30 minutes, brushing with glaze every 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let rest 10 to 20 minutes.
4. Transfer ham to a serving platter. Serve alongside remaining glaze in bowl.
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
- Jane Lynch Remembers 'the Greatest Thing' About Naya Rivera: 'If You Were a Friend, You Knew It'
- 7-Year-Old Boy Donates Trucks Full of COVID-19 Supplies to South Dakota Reservation
- Christina Anstead Is 'Creating Her Own Happiness' amid Split From Husband Ant, Says Best Friend
- Alison Victoria Claims Windy City Rehab Co-star Allegedly Skipped 30+ Home Inspections