Master This Move: Spiderman Push-Ups from Celebrity Trainer Erin Oprea
As a former U.S. Marine, Erin Oprea is dedicated to fitness. Now a Nashville-based personal trainer with clients like Carrie Underwood, she uses her expertise to help those with busy lives stay fit. Visit her site or follow her on Twitter @erinoprea. Then come back to PEOPLE.com every Monday to master a new workout move.
‘Tis the season for parties and, more importantly, party dresses.
Keep your core toned and your upper body strong with this one great move.
RELATED: Master This Move for Toned Hamstrings: Dead Lifts with a Stability Ball from Celebrity Trainer Erin Oprea
By swinging a foot forward, like Mr. Spiderman, you will engage your oblique abs and add a great twist to your push-ups!
1. Start in the classic push-up position with your core engaged.
2. Bring your right knee toward your right elbow placing your foot down.
3. Perform a push-up in this augmented position, then return to the starting form.
4. Switch legs to repeat the maneuver on the other side.
5. Continue switching legs and performing push-ups for 10 to 20 total repetitions.
RELATED: Master this Move: Sumo Squat Side Hop from Celebrity Trainer Erin Oprea
This embed is invalid