Classic Corn Pudding
½ cup unsalted butter
5 cups fresh yellow corn kernels
1 cup diced yellow onion
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup softened goat cheese
3 tbsp. chopped basil
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. salt
¾ tsp. pepper
1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add corn and onion; sauté 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and half-and-half. Gradually whisk in goat cheese until just blended. Whisk in basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in corn mixture and ¾ cup cheddar cheese until blended.
4. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheddar cheese.
5. Bake until golden brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for minutes.