What 5 Dietitians Order at The Cheesecake Factory
With 200+ menu options, brimming plates of pasta, and gargantuan slices of cake, the Cheesecake Factory is all about expansive hospitality.
Alas, their more-is-more philosophy extends to the nutrition profile of many of the dishes. With a 2,780-calorie bruleed French toast dish, 2,410-calorie Farfalle with Chicken and Roasted Garlic, and a 1,500-calorie slice of Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake, the chain nabbed three out of nine spots on the annual Xtreme Eating Awards, a list of the unhealthiest dishes in America compiled by the Center for Science in the Public Interest. A dubious distinction, indeed.
However, even in the interest of a balanced diet, there’s no need to swear off the Cheesecake Factory. With these 5 nutritionist-recommended choices, you might even have room for dessert.
- If you’re craving something Southwestern
- “At Cheesecake Factory, I order a modified dish: I ask for the Grilled Chicken Tostada Salad, but I skip the crispy tortilla, chicken, sour cream, avocado cream and dressing. Instead, I add extra black beans and a dollop of guacamole—along with the salsa, it serves as dressing.”
- —Cynthia Sass, MPH, RD, Health’s contributing nutrition editor
- If you like to customize
- “Definitely try to stick with the appetizers or small plates sections, as entrees here tend to be very large (or take half home for the next day). At lunch, though, I particularly like to create an omelet with mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and avocado. Yum!”
- —Brittany Kohn, RD
- If you like having options
- “I don’t have a specific selection, but in general, opt for a veggie-rich choice – several salads on the SkinnyLicious menu work – but ask for the dressing on the side so you are in control of the calories.”
- —Marisa Moore, RD
Get healthy now with energizing moves, easy recipes, expert tips and tools, and advice on losing weight and feeling great. Find out how to manage conditions like diabetes and depression, stop allergies, prevent heart attacks, and more.
This embed is invalid