Little Bites of Heaven: Bakerella's Chocolate Coffee Truffles
Angie Dudley, a.k.a Bakerella is the author of the New York Times Best Selling book, Cake Pops and creator of Bakerella.com. Visit PEOPLE.com on Fridays for her dish on desserts.
Indulge in these decadent coffee-flavored chocolate truffles for an easier-than-you-think, no-bake tiny treat.
You just need a few ingredients to get started including heavy cream, butter, espresso powder and of course… chocolate to make a delicious ganache for truffles. Chill the ganache and use a 1-inch scoop (or your hands) to form small bite-size balls.
RELATED: Bakerella’s Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
Then roll in unsweetened cocoa to coat and enjoy!
RELATED: Bakerella’s Divine Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles
It’s that easy, but it can also get a little messy. The kind of messy you’ll want to make.
Chocolate Coffee Truffles
Makes 24 truffles
¾ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp. butter
4 tsp. espresso powder
10 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped finely
cocoa powder for coating
1. Heat cream, butter and espresso powder in a heavy saucepan stirring often. Turn off the heat just before it begins to boil and stir with a whisk.
2. Pour heated mixture over chopped chocolate and let sit for a minute. Then whisk together until the chocolate and cream are combined, melted and smooth.
3. Pour the chocolate ganache in a small baking pan. Cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes. Use a small scoop to form round balls of ganache and place on a wax paper covered baking sheet. Reshape by hand if needed and return to refrigerator to chill for several minutes.
4. Roll balls in cocoa powder to coat.
5. Keep refrigerated until serving.
RELATED: Summer Sipping: Bakerella’s Banana Caramel Bourbon Milkshake