Clint Nokes allegedly told police he would "chuck [his son] on the couch or chuck him in the swing"

By Karen Mizoguchi and Chris Harris
December 07, 2017 04:27 PM
Clint Corydon NokesCredit: Davis County Jail
Credit: Davis County Jail

A 7-week-old baby boy is dead after his father allegedly admitted he “exploded” in a fit of violent rage because the infant wouldn’t stop crying, PEOPLE confirms.

According to a statement from the Clearfield Police Department, Clint Corydon Nokes, 19, was arrested on charges of child abuse homicide on Monday in Clearfield, Utah.

Nokes — the primary caretaker of the little boy, who was named Hudson — allegedly told authorities he was “tired of the baby crying and finally exploded,” the statement claims.

Police allege that Nokes described how he would “chuck [the baby] on the couch or chuck him in the swing,” reads the statement.

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

Nokes also allegedly told police he “pulled [the baby’s] leg and carried him by the leg from the living room into the kitchen” and that he “dropped the child in the kitchen sink and the baby struck his head,” according to the statement.

Police were called to the Nokes’ home on a report of a child who had stopped breathing, police confirm.

The statement indicates that officers arrived to find Hudson unresponsive, and showing obvious signs of abuse.

Nokes allegedly told investigators he had been burping the boy after a feeding, but that the child would not burp. According to the statement from police, he allegedly said the child went limp.

• For more compelling True Crime coverage, follow our Crime magazine on Flipboard.

Hudson was rushed to Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City, where he died from his injuries on Saturday.

An autopsy found the baby had a skull fracture, and his rib, left arm and right leg were all broken, the statement confirms. In addition, both of Hudson’s optic nerves in the eyes showed signs of hemorrhaging.

It was unclear Thursday if Nokes has retained an attorney who could comment on his behalf.

He is being held without bail.