George Brinkman, 45, was arrested after a standoff with police early on Tuesday in connection with the deaths of Suzanne Taylor and Kylie and Taylor Pifer

By Char Adams
June 13, 2017 09:54 AM

Ohio police arrested a 45-year-old man on Tuesday in connection with the triple homicide of a North Royalton mother and her two adult daughters whose bodies were found in a bed next to each other, PEOPLE confirms.

George Brinkman was taken into custody at around 5:30 a.m. after an hours-long standoff with police in which the suspect allegedly barricaded himself inside a Brunswick home, Lt. Steven Hoover, with Brunswick police, tells PEOPLE.

The standoff began at around 9 p.m. on Monday and police used a taser to take the man into custody, Brunswick police Lt. Robert Safran told Fox 8.

George Brinkman

In a pair of tweets, Brunswick police announced the standoff and hours later stated that Brinkman had been taken into custody. The standoff lasted about six or seven hours, Lt. Hoover says.

It was not immediately clear if he had retained a lawyer or entered a plea.

Police said Brinkman was suspected in the deaths of 45-year-old Suzanne Taylor and her daughters, Taylor Pifer, 21, and 18-year-old Kylie Pifer.


Taylor’s body was found in her bed on Sunday night alongside that of her two daughters, North Royalton police previously told PEOPLE. Police said the attack appeared to be targeted.

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

The three bodies were under covers, almost as though they’d been tucked into bed, detective Dave Loeding said.

According to Loeding, Taylor appeared to have died after sustaining a knife wound while her daughters’ causes of death remain unknown. They did not appear to have “obvious signs of death,” but police believe both daughters were homicide victims.

Police received a 911 call from Taylor’s boyfriend on Sunday night, Loeding says, claiming one of the girl’s boyfriends called him after finding their bodies.

Upon arrival, investigators noticed there appeared to be no signs of forced entry, Loeding says. Police suspect the daughters were killed elsewhere in the home before their bodies were moved to their mother’s bed.

Credit: Facebook

Police went to the Brunswick home to arrest the suspect after learning of his location. Despite the standoff, the owner of the residence, a woman, was able to leave unharmed, according to the Plain Dealer.

Brinkman, who was allegedly armed with a handgun, refused to leave the home for at least eight hours and police were heard talking to him through a loudspeaker in the early hours of Tuesday, the Plain Dealer reports.

The suspect was taken to a hospital after his arrest, Lt. Hoover said, noting that Brinkman was only at the hospital briefly.