John Charlton is being held on $2 million bail after officers found flesh and blood in Ingrid Lyne's bathroom

By Naja Rayne
Updated April 12, 2016 10:40 PM
Credit: Facebook

As authorities continue to piece together the murder of Ingrid Lyne, grisly details are beginning to come to light.

According to the Seattle Times, after searching in the nurse’s home, detectives found blood, pieces of flesh and a 15-inch pruning saw in the bathroom of Lyne’s home. They also found kitchen trash bags which “appear identical in color and size” to the bag that held Lyne’s body parts – reportedly including her head, foot and arm.

Investigators are continuing to look for the remaining parts of Lyne’s body, the newspaper reports.

The suspect, John Robert Charlton, 37, is currently being held on $2 million bail for investigation of second-degree murder, local news station KCPQ reports.

According to court documents obtained by the station, Charlton told police that he had been dating the 40-year-old for about a month, adding that the pair had spent nights together at her home in the past. He also told officials that they went back to her house in Renton on Friday night after their date at the Mariners game in Seattle.

“Charlton claimed that he had been so intoxicated on Friday night that he could not recall how he and Lyne returned to her residence after the Mariners game, or what transpired when they got there,” the documents read. “He said he believed they had sex, and said Lyne was acting ‘weird,’ but could not or would not provide further details.”

The documents reportedly continue detailing their night, with Charlton telling officers that he wasn’t sure how he left Lyne’s home, but that she must have taken him back to Seattle, “where, he claimed, he slept on the sidewalk.” He added that he didn’t think she planned to see anyone else that night.

According to NBC, Charlton has a criminal history, which includes convictions for aggravated robbery, felony theft, grand theft auto, assault and larceny.

Lyne, who has three daughters, was reported missing on Saturday when her ex-husband Phil Lyne arrived at her house to drop off their children who had spent the previous night with him.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

The Times reports that upon getting to the house and finding that Lyne was not home, Phil contacted her mother, Jorga Bass, who had a key to the home and entered when she arrived.

Once inside, Bass found her daughter’s personal items, including her daughter’s wallet and cellphone, which she used to contact a phone number with a Montana area code that had repeated calls to and from Lyne.

According to the newspaper, a conversation between Bass and the number – later traced to Charlton – ensued, during which Charlton told Bass he thought Lyne was with her kids, to which Bass responded that she had called 911.

“911? What’s going on? We went to the Mariners game last night but we didn t stay the night together because she has her kids today ” he reportedly texted back.

After responding, alerting Charlton that Lyne was missing, Bass also told him that officers needed to talk to him as he “may be the last person who saw her.”

Charlton did not respond, the Times reports.

Lyne’s body was located later that evening when a resident in a south Seattle neighborhood discovered human remains in his recycling bin.

During a press conference on Monday, Seattle Police Chief Kathleen O’Toole confirmed that the remains belonged to Lyne – although they were waiting on official confirmation from the medical examiner – and that they had arrested Charlton in connection with her murder.

Late Monday, officers located her vehicle in an area of downtown Seattle.