"He was so much stronger than me," Pauley Perrette says

Advertisement
Image
Credit: Getty

Pauley Perrette fought back tears in a Los Angeles courtroom Wednesday while describing how a homeless man allegedly attacked her on her street last month.

Perrette, 46, recounted her harrowing story to a court commissioner, who ordered David Merck, 45, to stand trial on false imprisonment by violence and making a criminal threat charges – and forbidden to have any contact with the NCIS star, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

“He was so much stronger than me,” Perrette said. “I couldn’t run. I couldn’t fight.”

The actress added that Merck grabbed her arm, said he was going to kill her and punched her in the nose, the Daily News reports.

He will be arraigned Dec. 16. If convicted of the two felonies, he could be sentenced to up to four years in prison.

Perrette detailed the alleged assault on Twitter on Nov. 13. He was formally charged Nov. 16, when prosecutors asked for his bail to be set at $60,000.