U.S. Marshals Service/AP
placeholder
May 18, 2016 05:05 PM

A man who hosted a children’s television show in Louisiana in the 1970s before vanishing amid child sex abuse allegations pleaded not guilty Monday to thirteen separate criminal counts, PEOPLE confirms.

Frank John Selas III, 76, was arrested in San Diego on the decades-old allegations more than three months ago. Investigators claim he allegedly fled to Rio de Janeiro back in 1979 after learning warrants had been issued for his arrest.

Selas spent several years hosting the Mr. Wonder show on Louisiana’s KNOE-TV, according to police.

On Monday, Selas entered his not guilty plea during his arraignment in a Louisiana courtroom.

Selas’ attorney, Mike Small, tells PEOPLE his client is innocent of the charges.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

Selas was extradited back to Louisiana last week, according to law enforcement officials.

Warrants were issued in 1979 for Selas’ arrest after several children accused him of molesting them during a camping retreat. Selas’ alleged victims ranged from 5 to 11-year-old, investigators allege.

Small says Selas will return to court within the next three weeks for a pre-trial hearing.

Small says that he is awaiting the prosecution’s discovery documents before plotting his client’s defense.

You May Like

EDIT POST