Mike Tyson Won't Be Prosecuted for LAX Scuffle
Prosecutors decline to file charges against the boxer and a photographer due to insufficient evidence
Mike Tyson will be starting 2010 on a good note: Los Angeles prosecutors declined to file charges against the boxer after he allegedly punched a photographer at L.A. International Airport last month.
“After a full and thorough review, we’ve decided not to file charges against either party due to insufficient evidence,” L.A. City Attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan said Thursday.
Tyson’s attorney Shawn Chapman Holley stated that the photographer had “aggressively approached” the boxer and his family by “provoking and harassing them,” and at one point bumped into a baby stroller carrying Tyson’s 10-month-old baby daughter.
The photographer, Tony Echevarria, 50, denied he was being aggressive. “I was shooting from a distance, and I was respectful,” he said.