Megan Hauserman: This Has Been A Very Challenging Time
The star of Megan Wants a Millionaire wants to "move forward" after a costar was found dead
In the past month, Megan Hauserman has had her VH1 reality show Megan Wants a Millionaire canceled after the apparent suicide of one of her potential suitors on the show, who was named the suspect in a grisly murder. Now, she’s ready to move on.
“It’s been a very challenging time,” she told PEOPLE in Las Vegas Friday while hosting a party at The Playground. “I’m happy to move forward at this point. It’s been a very upsetting, sad, tragic situation that nobody could have expected.”
On Megan Wants A Millionaire, Hauserman had been courted by Ryan Jenkins, a slick-talking real estate developer, who was the focus of an international manhunt that ended when he was found dead in a Canadian hotel room. He was suspected of killing his wife, bikini model Jasmine Fiore, and stuffing her mutilated body in a suitcase.
For now, Hauserman, who has starred in five reality shows, says she’s working with animal rescue charities, traveling and hanging with her friends to move on from the events of the past month.
Though she’s keeping a low profile, don’t expect her to stay away from the cameras for long. Rumors are already swirling that she’ll get a new show, something she won’t speak about, but she makes no secret of her hope for staying in the spotlight.
“I really enjoy being on TV and I love my fans,” she says. “I want to continue doing TV work.”