Courtesy Facebook
May 11, 2015 02:05 PM

A father from British Columbia, Canada, allegedly confessed on Facebook to murdering his wife, his sister and his daughter Thursday.

In the post, Randy Janzen allegedly wrote that he killed his 19-year-old daughter Emily after she spent years suffering from crippling migraines and depression, CBC News reports.

“I just could not see my little girl hurt for one more second,” Janzen wrote. “I took a gun and shot her in the head and now she is migraine free and floating in the clouds on a sunny afternoon, her long beautiful brown hair flowing in the breeze, a true angel.”

According to the post, he then turned the gun on his wife Laurel because “a mother should never have [to] hear the news her baby has died,” Janzen wrote. Finally he killed his sister Shelly “because I did not want her to have to live with this shame.”

“Now my family is pain free and in heaven,” the post concluded.

On Friday, police confirmed that they had found several bodies thought to be members of the same family in two different residences – one in Langley and one in Rosedale – after being alerted to a social-media post, according to CBC News.

Authorities did say that one of the bodies was believed to be the suspect, but they would not confirm the number of people found dead or the identities of those involved. CBC News did confirm that the Rosedale home had a R. and L. Janzen living at that address.

In addition, the Chilliwack School of Performing Arts posted a tribute to Emily on Facebook Thursday, praising “her bright smile, beautiful voice and amazing spirit.”

“She will be greatly missed,” the post concluded.

And a friend who saw Janzen’s Facebook post told CTV News that he tried to call Janzen, but the father never answered. He drove over to Shelly’s home in Langley, where he found a stack of newspapers. It was then he reached out to the police, who later found a body inside the house.

Janzen is thought to have died after the home in Rosedale caught fire during a standoff with police on Thursday, according to The Huffington Post. During the four-hour confrontation between police and the suspect, neighbors reported hearing gunshots and smoke bombs before the house went up in flames, The Province reports. Several bodies were found inside that home.

The B.C. Coroners Service was still working to positively identify the victims Saturday, a spokeswoman told The Province.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

You May Like