Lawrence Taylor Charged with Rape
The one-time DWTS contestant is charged with third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute
Lawrence Taylor had sexual intercourse with a 16-year-old girl and paid her $300, Ramapo Police Chief Peter Brower said Thursday while announcing charges against NFL Hall of Famer.
Taylor, who was a contestant on season 8 of Dancing with the Stars, was arrested Thursday morning at a New York hotel on suspicion of raping a teen. He was charged with third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute in the third degree. Taylor, 51, has denied the charges.
“He’s denying the whole thing,” Taylor s lawyer, Arthur L. Aidala, said, according to the New York Times. “We’re going to fight these charges as hard as he fought when he was a linebacker for the New York Giants.”
If convicted, Taylor could face up to five years in jail, police said that afternoon at a news conference.
The victim, according to authorities, had been brought to a Holiday Inn in Montebello, N.Y., by a man named Rasheed Davis, who is also in custody. Police say the teenage victim had an eye injury but there is “no evidence [Taylor] caused [it].” Authorities also said there were no drugs in the hotel room, but a bottle of alcohol was found.
RELATED: Former DWTS Contestant Lawrence Taylor Arrested for Alleged Rape
Town Supervisor Christopher St. Lawrence said Ramapo police were informed by the New York Police Department to arrest Taylor after the victim’s uncle, who had reported her missing, told New York City authorities he received a text from the girl about being driven back to the Bronx by a pimp.
Taylor was released after posting a $75,000 bond.