The pop star and her lawyer will focus on a possible appeal after a New York judge dismissed all but one of her claims against Luke in the spring

By Naja Rayne
Updated August 01, 2016 09:30 PM
Advertisement
Credit: Raymond Hall/GC Images

Kesha‘s top priority is getting back to her music.

On Monday, the singer’s attorney, Daniel M. Petrocelli, revealed she has dropped her claims in a California lawsuit against longtime producer Dr. Luke.

“Kesha has dismissed her California action without prejudice while she pursues her appeal and other legal claims in the New York courts,” Petrocelli said in a statement to PEOPLE. “Kesha is focused on getting back to work and has delivered 28 new songs to the record label. We have conveyed to Sony Music and the label Kesha’s strong desire to release her next album and single as soon as possible.”

Kesha later took to Instagram releasing a statement of her own.

“My fight continues. I need to get my music out. I have so much to say. This lawsuit is so heavy on my once free spirit, and I can only pray to one day feel that happiness again,” she wrote. “I am continuing to fight for my righs in New York. Thank you for all your support. The support of my fans has been so beautiful and I’m so grateful for it. I’m not sure where I would be without you all.”

Luke’s attorney responded in a statement to PEOPLE, saying that Kesha’s voluntary dismissal is a sign that she was going to lose the legal battle in court.

“If Kesha is voluntarily dismissing her claims in the California case, it is because she has no chance of winning them,” Christine Lepera said. “Earlier this year, she lost her meritless counterclaims against Dr. Luke in the New York Action. Recently, the California Court invited Dr. Luke and the other defendants to move to dismiss Kesha’s claims in that action. Kesha should never have brought her false and meritless claims against Dr. Luke in any court. Dr. Luke’s defamation and other claims against Kesha are still proceeding.”

In 2014, Kesha, 29, sued Luke, 42, accusing the hitmaker of raping and sexually, physically, emotionally and verbally abusing her; Luke has vehemently denied the allegations, in turn suing the pop star for defamation and breach of contract. (“I didn’t rape Kesha and I have never had sex with her,” he tweeted in February.)

RELATED VIDEO: Kesha Speaks Out About Dr. Luke Trial

Kesha’s claims are already being heard in New York court. While a judge dismissed the majority of the abuse claims, the singer and her counsel will focus on a possible appeal under New York jurisdiction.

Though she hasn’t released an album of her own since 2012’s Warrior, Kesha announced this month that she’ll hit the road for a tour in August.

“I thrive from making and performing music, and much like a flower with no sun, my soul slowly dies when I don’t get to create and perform,” she wrote on Instagram at the time of the announcement. “So, for a short ride and in mostly small intimate venues, I will be performing a new creepy creation. It’s been too long. Until I can release my own music I will be reinventing some of my old songs and some of my favorite songs from my musical idols.”

Reporting by JEFF NELSON