Jordan Brown Trust
May 22, 2015 10:30 AM

A Pennsylvania judge has said there will be no new trial for Jordan Brown, who was just 11 years old when he was arrested for murdering his father’s fiancée and her unborn child.

Now 17, Jordan has always proclaimed his innocence in the death of Kenzie Houk, 26, who was shot in the back of the head when she was eight months pregnant.

His defense lawyers had asked for a new trial after Brown was found guilty of murder in 2012 on the grounds that the evidence used to convict him was insufficient, CBS News reports.

Initially it looked like that request might be granted, but ultimately Judge John Hodge, who was the one to find Jordan guilty in the first place, denied the request.

Jordan’s lawyers have said they will appeal that decision.

Defense attorney Steven Colafella previously told PEOPLE that he will never stop fighting to get Jordan released. “We not only argued for a new trial, we argued that the case should be dismissed,” he said.

Prosecutors have said that Jordan was jealous of the new baby, who was going to be given his room.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

You May Like

EDIT POST