911 Call Released of Jayme Closs' Rescue: 'We're ... Scared Because He Might Come'

The intense 911 call made minutes after Jayme Closs was found walking down an icy Wisconsin road after being held against her will for nearly three months has been released, giving further insight into the teen’s astonishing rescue and terrifying captivity.

Shortly after 4 p.m. on Jan. 10, the Douglas County Communications Center received a 911 call from Gordon, Wisconsin, resident Kristin Kasinskas, who said the words so many people — including Jayme’s worried family — had been waiting so desperately to hear.

“Hi, I have a young lady at my house right now and she says her name is Jayme Closs,” Kasinskas is heard saying on the 911 call released by the Douglas County Emergency Management, which was obtained by multiple outlets including CNN, the Star-Tribune and local TV station WCCO.


• For exclusive details about the amazing escape of Jayme Closs after nearly three months in captivity, subscribe now to PEOPLE or pick up this week’s issue, on newsstands Friday.

The emergency dispatcher asks her for her address, and also asks if she has seen Jayme’s photo and knows who she is.

“Yes, it’s her,” Kasinskas replies. “I 100 percent think it’s her,” she adds before saying, “she’s sitting down, she’s relaxing.”

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click hereto get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

Just minutes earlier, Kasinskas’ neighbor, Jeanne Nutter, had been out walking her dog when Jayme, dressed in a baggy sweatshirt and men’s sneakers, tearfully asked her to save her from her alleged abductor, Jake Thomas Patterson, 21.

Jeanne Nutter with her dog, Henry. Elaine Aradillas

Nutter also spoke on the 911 call. “She said, ‘He killed my parents. I want to go home. Help me,’ ” Nutter tells the dispatcher.

Nutter, who tells the dispatcher that she and her husband don’t often visit their cabin in the winter but “happened to come up” that day, brought the distraught 13-year-old to Peter and Kristin Kasinskas’ nearby home, pounding on the door and then instructing them to call 911.

After giving the dispatcher Patterson’s full name, Nutter said quietly, “We’re kind of scared because he might come, so if the cops could get here soon…”

Barron County Sheriff's Dept

Jayme had told Nutter and the other adults that she believed Patterson had been in the military. (He had been in the U.S. Marines for five weeks and was prematurely discharged, multiple outlets including CBS News report.)

Reassuring the group that “many deputies” were on their way, the dispatcher relays that her deputy had said to lock all the doors and have everyone stay inside until help arrived.

Nutter tells the dispatcher that Jayme seemed cold and in shock. During the remainder of the 30-minute call, the three adults can be heard asking Jayme if she wanted a blanket — which she accepted — or if she wanted something to eat or drink.

Jayme Closs in her new new bedroom, weekend of January 11th 2019

They also encouraged Jayme to pet Nutter’s Golden Retriever to help soothe her.

Shortly after deputies arrived, police took Jayme away to safety and searched the area for any sign of Patterson.

When a sergeant finally pulled Patterson over near the cabin where he allegedly held Jayme, he got out of his car and allegedly told the sergeant, “I did it,” according to the criminal complaint obtained by PEOPLE.

The driveway to the cabin in Gordon, Wisconsin, where Jayme Closs was allegedly held for 88 days. Elaine Aradillas

Patterson was charged Monday with two counts of first-degree intentional homicide, kidnapping, and armed burglary.

The cabin in Gordon, Wisconsin, where Jake Patterson allegedly held Jayme Closs.

He is charged with killing James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, after shooting his way into their home, say police.

He is being held on $5 million bail.

Calls for comment to Patterson’s public defenders were not returned.

“This is a very tragic situation,” Patterson’s lawyers said in a joint statement, according to local reports.

Patterson is scheduled to return to court for his next hearing on Feb. 6 at 11 a.m. CT.

Related Articles