Relatives of Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik removed items from the couple's home in Redlands, California, on Saturday
Credit: Will Lester/The Inland Valley Daily Bulletin/AP

The apartment where the San Bernardino shooters lived, and where authorities said they stockpiled ammunition and bomb parts, was cleared out Saturday by a group of relatives, reports the San Bernardino Sun and Los Angeles Times.

Landlord Doyle Miller told the Sun he plans to continue renting the Redlands, California, apartment, after extensive repairs.

Relatives of Syed Rizwan Farook – including his mother, brother, brother-in-law, and the family lawyer – gathered to start removing the couple’s possessions just after 10 a.m. local time, according to the Sun.

With a U-Haul, the Farook family was helped by movers as they went in and out of the house, according to the Press-Enterprise.

Items removed ranged from furniture and appliances, as well as a baby crib and a stroller – presumably used by the pair’s 6-month-old daughter – according to the Press-Enterprise.

Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

Authorities said that Farook, 28, and his wife, 29-year-old Tashfeen Malik, killed 14 people and wounded 22 others earlier this month after opening fire at a holiday party at San Bernardino’s Inland Regional Center.

Both were killed hours later during a shoot-out with police.

When officials first searched their home following the Dec. 2 attack, they said they found the parts to build 19 pipe bombs and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Earlier this week, Enrique Marquez, Farook and Mailk’s neighbor, was charged with the unlawful purchase of two assault rifles that were used in the deadly shooting, and with conspiring to commit crimes of terrorism in 2011 and 2012.

Authorities allege that Marquez bought the weapons because Farook did not think he would pass a background check.

The two movers assisting the family on Saturday, Daniel Nunez and Jore Zarate, told the San Bernardino Sun they were shocked when they figured out who the townhouse belonged to.

“It makes you a little nervous to know you are so close to what happened that day,” Nunez told the paper.

The Farook family was at the property for under three hours on Saturday as two Redlands Police officers sat across the street to watch, according to the Press-Enterprise.

After the family left, Miller replaced the plywood board that covered the door.