Surviving Father in Fatal Texas Triple Shooting Breaks His Silence with Facebook Posts
Jason posted on Facebook Wednesday afternoon, for the first time since the June 24 tragedy
The sole survivor in a fatal triple shooting in Texas last week is breaking his silence, days after authorities say he watched his wife gun down their two daughters before she was killed by police.
He posted a series of photos of his girls: with him, with each other, laughing and smiling.
Minutes later, he posted a Bible verse: “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me,” from Philippians.
Soon after, he posted a second version of the same verse.
“God bless you Jason,” one person commented on one of Jason’s posts. “You have been in my thoughts & prayers. You are a good person & my heart breaks for you.”
• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.
Authorities told PEOPLE they gave some space to Jason in the wake of the June 24 shooting.
Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls said the violence was sparked the same day Jason told his wife he wanted a divorce, and after she fought with Taylor and wanted to ground her. In 911 audio from the shooting, the girls and their father can be heard crying and pleading with Christy to put down the gun.
“He was obviously in a lot of shock out at the scene,” Nehls told PEOPLE.
But Jason sat down with them for an in-depth interview on Tuesday, accompanied by his mother and a woman he called his “second mother,” Nehls tells PEOPLE.
“He has some support from his family,” Nehls says.
And he has his faith, Nehls says: “He said he’s a Christian man.”