Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death Still Under Investigation Amid Release of Autopsy Report: Atlanta Prosecutor

Autopsy results reveal she died of a combination of drugs and drowning

Photo: Tiffany Rose/WireImage

As the results from Bobbi Kristina Brown‘s autopsy are now public, authorities are still looking into her death.

After a judge ordered on Thursday that the documents be unsealed, the “investigation into the death of Bobbi Kristina Brown will continue,” Fulton Country District Attorney Paul L. Howard Jr. said in a statement obtained by PEOPLE.

According to the results released on Friday – what would have been her 23rd birthday – by the Fulton County Medical Examiner, Brown died from a combination of drugs and drowning. A toxicology report found marijuana, alcohol, “a cocaine-related substance,” sedative and anti-anxiety medications and morphine in her system. (The medical examiner could not determine whether the presence of morphine was the result of heroin use.)

The report also noted that Brown showed signs of acute injury (bruising and scarring) and that, at 95 pounds, was “under-nourished.”

The D.A.’s office has yet to name a suspect in the investigation.

Her father Bobby Brown’s attorney released a statement Friday, saying: “We will continue in our efforts in the civil lawsuit and the criminal investigation.” (In September, the singer’s lawyer accused his daughter’s boyfriend, Nick Gordon, of her death, arguing in a statement: “In regards to the civil litigation, we believe we know who harmed Bobbi Kristina Brown, and his name is Nick Gordon.”)

Bobbi Kristina’s court-appointed conservator has also filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Gordon, claiming he “injected” her with a “toxic mixture.”

Gordon denies the allegations.

According to a Gordon source, he “always maintained that he didn’t kill” Bobbi Kristina and thinks the autopsy “backs up his claim.”

Last year, Bobbi Kristina (the late Whitney Houston‘s only child) was found unconscious and unresponsive in a bathtub. After months in a rehab facility and hospice care, she died in July.

Reporting by ELISSA ROSEN

Related Articles