Bill Cosby Disputes New Assault Claim; Model's Lawyer Demands Proof Cosby Wasn't at Playboy Mansion
Just days after Bill Cosby‘s attorney claimed there is evidence that the 77-year-old was not in California on the day Chloe Goins alleges she was assaulted by him, the model’s lawyer is now asking for the proof.
“If he has evidence then we would like to see it, and the LAPD would like to see it too,” Spencer Kuvin tells PEOPLE.
“Otherwise, it is just a lawyer’s words. Additionally, I appreciate Mr. Singer admitting that Mr. Cosby has kept records going back to 2008. We would like to see where he was for the entire summer of 2008 and if he was ever at the mansion.”
Cosby’s attorney, Martin Singer, released a statement on Jan. 14 refuting her claims. “On Wednesday, Chloe Goins and her attorney publicly accused Bill Cosby of assaulting Ms. Goins in 2008 at the ‘Midsummer Night’s Party’ held at the Playboy Mansion in California. The party took place on Aug. 9, 2008. Mr. Cosby was in New York on that date,” he said. “We will be providing documentary evidence to the appropriate authorities which conclusively establishes Mr. Cosby’s whereabouts on August 9th and for the preceding and succeeding days.”
Singer has previously shot down accusations against his client.
“These brand new claims about alleged decades-old events are becoming increasingly ridiculous,” he said in a statement Nov. 21.
• Reporting by ELIZABETH LEONARD and CHRISTINE PELISEK