Police are looking into his possible involvement in a drive-by shooting that killed two men, says ABC
Former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez, who has been charged with a murder and cut from the team, is also being investigated in connection with a drive-by shooting that killed two men, ABC News reports.
Hernandez spent the night in jail after authorities led him from his North Attleboro, Mass., home on Wednesday and then charged him in the murder of Odin Lloyd, whose body was found in an industrial park about a mile from Hernandez’s house.
According to ABC, police are also looking into his possible involvement in a July 15, 2012, early-morning ambush of a car in Boston that left the driver and one of the passengers dead of gunshot wounds. A third man was injured. ABC says Hernandez was spotted earlier that night involved in an altercation at a nightclub.
Hernandez’s attorney did not respond to ABC for comment about the drive-by shooting case.
On Thursday a judge in the Lloyd case denied bail for former New England Patriots tight end.
During a hearing Hernandez’s lawyer argued that he is not a risk to flee and the case against him is circumstantial, according to the Associated Press. But a prosecutor said the evidence is “overwhelming.”
A search of a Hummer belonging to Hernandez turned up an ammunition clip matching the caliber of casings found at the scene of the killing of Odin Lloyd, the prosecutor said.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty.