October 12, 2016 09:06 AM

The 4-year-old Florida girl who was allegedly kidnapped from her bed by a 31-year-old family friend has been reunited with her parents following a multi-state search, according to multiple reports.

“Thank you for bringing me home,” little Rebecca Lewis said in front of a crowd of reporters at a press conference with her family on Tuesday. “Bye-Bye! I’m going home!”

Rebecca, of Lakeland, was reported missing after being taken from her bed Saturday morning, according to a Polk County Sheriff’s Office press release. Police said the little girl was later seen on CCTV footage in Forsyth, Georgia, allegedly with 31-year-old West Wild Hogs, a family friend, at a gas station.

Rebecca Lewis

AMBER Alerts were issued in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and Kentucky, police said in the release.

Hogs was arrested outside a Memphis hospital, Memphis police spokeswoman previously told PEOPLE. NBC News reports that a worker at the hospital noticed Rebecca and the suspect from an AMBER Alert and called the police.

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

Police said Rebecca was examined by a doctor who determined that the little girl had not been physically harmed, according to NBC. And Donna Wood, a spokeswoman for the sheriff’s office, told the station that Rebecca handled the plane ride home “like a trooper.”

“She was chipper, she was cheerful, she was very excited to see her family,” Wood said.

Hogs is awaiting extradition to Florida where he is expected to face kidnapping charges, NBC reports. Rebecca’s parents, Luther Lewis and Melissa Schell, reportedly told police that they had not seen Hogs in two years and alleged he suddenly showed up at their home on Friday, according to NBC.

Information about whether he has retained an attorney was not immediately available.

Polk County Sheriff's Office
Polk County Sheriff's Office

Police said Rebecca was last seen sleeping in her bed at 9 a.m. by her 16-year-old sister. When the teen returned to the room at around 9:45 a.m., Rebecca was gone.

Rebecca’s parents pleaded with the alleged kidnapper at a Sunday night press conference, saying, “We’re not mad at you.”

“Let her come home,” Lewis said. “She’s my baby and I’m worried sick about her. Please, I’m begging.”

You May Like