5 Things to Know About Daniella Rodriguez, Fiancée of World Series-Winning Carlos Correa
The Houston Astros celebrated their first-ever World Series championship well into last night but one player in particular is still on cloud nine today. Shortstop Carlos Correa proposed to girlfriend Daniella Rodriguez during a live television interview that took place on the field of Dodger Stadium following their Game 7 victory. An ecstatic Rodriguez quickly said yes and accepted a stunning ring, but that wasn’t her first shining moment on national television. Last year, the newly-engaged beauty graced the Miss USA stage, where she represented her home state of Texas. Here are five things you need to know about the Latina beauty queen who won the heart of the baseball star.
1. She competed in the Miss USA pageant in 2016 representing the state of Texas. The pageant was held at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and Deshauna Barber, of the District of Columbia, was crowned the winner.
2. Rodriguez is of Mexican descent and living in the Lone Star state helped her connect with her culture. “I was born and raised in Laredo, Texas, which is right across the border,” she said in a Miss USA pageant video. “And I got the best of both worlds when it comes to living the American way but still having Mexican culture [in my life].”
3. The beauty queen made headlines last year after many poked fun at her not-so-great first pitch as Miss Texas USA during a Houston Astros game. It was reported that the two crossed paths at that time and a month later they went public with their romance at a Kanye West concert. “Come up in the spot lookin’ extra fly #SaintPablo,” she captioned their Instaofficial pic.
4. Don’t let the crowns and makeup fool you: one of Rodriguez’s hobbies is shooting. “I got into shooting because of my dad and my brother. My dad used to always go hunting but I wasn’t good at it because you have to be extremely quiet while you’re there. I’m not your girl for that,” she joked. “I was always talking so we ended up just going to the ranch, shooting bottles.”
5. The 21-year-old graduated from Texas A&M International University with a degree in teaching and is now aiming for a master’s degree in school counseling.