LIVE

Prince Frederick von Anhalt "leaves the door open" to the possibility he's Dannielynn's father

By Johnny Dodd
Updated February 10, 2007 08:00 AM
Advertisement

The tragic Anna Nicole Smith case took a strange twist on Friday afternoon as Zsa Zsa Gabor’s husband stood in a corner of the driveway on his Bel Air estate and fielded questions from reporters. Earlier in the day, news reports began circulating that Gabor’s eighth husband, Prince Frederick von Anhalt, 59, claimed that he may be the father of Smith’s 5-month-old daughter Dannielynn.

When asked repeatedly if it was true that he was the child’s father, von Anhalt avoided directly answering the question, saying, “A lot of people had an affair with her. She was a hot woman.”

Minutes later, von Anhalt, who insisted that he knows who the real father is, said: “I never said I might be the father. I never said, yes. I never said, no. I leave the door open.”

The two first met in New York in the 1990s when Smith allegedly told von Anhalt that she yearned to be a princess. He claimed that they began an affair shortly afterwards.

“Sometimes I’m a bad boy,” he said, moments before disappearing back inside his sprawling mansion. His 90-year-old wife, he explained, was less than thrilled with his decision to hold a press conference in their massive driveway.

“She is in a bad mood,” he said. “She doesn’t like this.”