Will Bobbi Kristina Brown Be Removed from Life Support on the Anniversary of Her Mother's Death?
As Bobbi Kristina Brown remains on life support after being found unresponsive in a bathtub at her home on Jan. 31, her devastated family is preparing for another sad milestone: the three-year anniversary of the death of her mother, Whitney Houston.
Given the eerie similarity of the two incidents, it was inevitable that rumors would spread that Bobbi Kristina would be removed from life support on Feb. 11 – the same day her mother was found in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
But multiple family sources tell PEOPLE that the family is still hoping for a recovery and has no plans to terminate the 21-year-old’s life support on the anniversary of her mother’s death.
The rumor is one of many that have circulated since Bobbi Kristina’s tragic incident. On Tuesday, her father Bobby Brown released a statement through his lawyer regarding the constant speculation, calling many of them “egregious, false” and promising that they would “be dealt with at an appropriate time.” In the comments through his attorney Christopher Brown, he added: “This is a criminal investigation and the integrity of that process requires silence.”
Adds a relative: “Bobby is dealing with Krissi’s doctors to determine what can, should and will be done. He wants to make a decision based on facts, not on what the public feels that he needs to do.”
“Bobby is genuinely baffled that people are all giving their opinions online,” says the relative. “If people want to help, they will pray for her recovery, not give their opinions about things they know nothing about.”
Some of the confusion may come from seemingly contradictory statements of the Brown family.
“Doctors don’t see any hope for change,” Jerod Brown, Bobbi Kristina’s cousin, wrote on his Facebook page last Friday.
But another cousin, Shayne Brown, had a different – and more optimistic – opinion. “She’s progressing,” he told Entertainment Tonight. “She’s getting better. We just ask for people to continue to pray.”
For his part, Bobby Brown has avoided giving specifics about his daughter’s condition, instead showing gratitude to all the family’s supporters. “We thank everyone that supported the vigil for Bobbi Kristina, he said in a statement. “God is hearing our prayers.”
For more on Bobbi Kristina, pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands now
More on Bobbi Kristina Brown:
• Bobbi Kristina’s Cousin: We’re Still Praying, ‘Though Doctors Don’t See Any Hope for Change’
• Family Gathering to Say Goodbye to Bobbi Kristina Brown
• Max Lomas, Who Initially Found Bobbi Kristina Brown Unresponsive, Just ‘Wants His Good Friend Back’
• Houston Family Had Restraining Order Against Bobbi Kristina’s ‘Husband’ Nick Gordon
• Bobbi Kristina and ‘Husband’ Nick Gordon Were Never Married
• Bobby Brown’s Bedside Song to Daughter Bobbi Kristina: ‘The Greatest Love of All’
• Were Drugs Involved with Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Near-Drowning?
• Kevin Costner on Bobbi Kristina Brown: ‘I Can’t Imagine’ What Her Family Is Going Through
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Family Keeping Hospital Bedside Vigil
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is ‘Fighting For Her Life,’ Family Says
• For Bobbi Kristina Brown, Minutes Without Air ‘Could Be Grim’
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Still Unresponsive, According to Source
• Do Bobbi Kristina Browns’s Social Media Accounts Hold Clues About Why She Was Found Unresponsive?
• Bobbi Kristina Brown: Inside the Troubled Life of Whitney Houston’s Daughter
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
• Stars Rally Around Bobbi Kristina Brown
• Bobbi Kristina’s Husband Is Not the Bad Guy, Says Source
• Bobby Brown ‘Inconsolable’ Over Bobbi Kristina’s Hospitalization
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Recovery Would Be a Miracle, Says Source