Where Celebs Party – and Let Loose – at Sundance
A guide to the hot spots in snowy Park City, Utah, for the annual movie festival
Celebs are heading to the annual Sundance Film Festival, and – despite the recession – this year will find no shortage of spas to help them relax, swag suites to get them stocked up on gear and late-night parties where they can let off steam.
When Hollywood’s stars aren’t out promoting their films at the festival, there’s plenty to keep them busy during the day. Here’s a daytime guide to where that will be happening:
• Village at the Yard From Jan. 16 to 20 a lumberyard is converted into a VIP hangout and home to Fred Segal Fun, the T-Mobile G1 Diner and Gatorade’s exclusive “G” Gym, where the likes of Ashton Kutcher, Anne Heche, Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor can work out with celebrity fitness trainers Gunnar Peterson and Kathy Kaehler.
• Sundance Lift Located at lower Main Street’s Town Lift, this is home to several official Sundance sponsors and events. The Entertainment Weekly Loft inside offers a daytime lounge where celebs like Kristen Stewart and Ashley Judd can stop by. Hungry stars can stop into the MySpace Café. The Stella Artois Cutting Room will host private parties, and the TAO lounge will be the intimate home to nightly cast parties for Woody Harrelson, Tea Leoni, Zooey Deschanel and other A-listers
• Oakley Learn to Ride Adventurous types like Denise Richards, Audrina Patridge and Virginia Madsen can learn to snowboard with weekend pro lessons from world famous athletes like Gretchen Bleiler and Dingo. They can also load up on Oakley gear.
• Rock Band Lounge Benjamin Bratt, Drea de Matteo and Zoe Kravetz are all expected to rock out with Rock Band 2 and pick up some goodies from Lia Sophia jewelry and the Sports Club/L.A.
• Kari Feinstein Lounge Adrienne Bailon, Andie MacDowell, Danny Masterson and John Krasinski can all take a break from screenings and pick up the latest in fashion and electronics from Reebok NFL, computers from Melrose MAC, getaways from W Hotel Residences and Netflix memberships.
• House of Hype Island Def Jam Music Group is partnering with the House of Hype to put on three days of gifting: Think Vespa, Nivea and Burton and nightly partying with appearances by Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon and LL Cool J. During the day, celebs can chill out with the Nintendo Wii music experience.
• Sephora Beauty Lounge Brittany Snow, Kim Kardashian and Emma Roberts are due to stock up on beauty products from Sephora and get hair and makeup touch-ups while enjoying a little fun playing the portable Nintendo DS.
• Hollywood Life House Whether having a photo shoot in the WireImage Portrait Studio, attending a cocktail party or being pampered, celebs like Chris Rock, Amy Poehler, Parker Posey, Don Cheadle and Justin Kirk can enjoy a complimentary blowout by the ConAir Style Experts or even get an airbrush tanning session from Europe’s Fake Bake beauty products.
• Vitamin Water and 50 Cent House Tucked away in a private mansion will be screenings, yoga sessions with Russell Simmons, workouts with 50 Cent, food by STK and spa treatments by Green Valley Spa. Stop by for a private performance by 50 Cent or Sunday football with Kim Kardashian.
• Green Lodge With a full service organic chef, concierge facilities and portrait studio, Eco-interested stars can arrive in a complimentary Eco-Limo and spend time learning about the latest trends in conscious consumerism.
• The Greenhouse: NYC s first L.E.E.D. registered eco-friendly nightlife destination will host a week of events taking place at The Sky Lodge, a luxurious boutique hotel. Highlight? Trudie Styler and Sting will host a private Sunday dinner for the documentary Crude.
• Kenneth Cole Party On Saturday, Virginia Madsen, Kevin Bacon, Kevin Corrigan, Jeff Daniels and Alan Cummings will be honored at an all-star party for their outstanding commitment to the art of independent film on the 25th anniversary of Sundance and the house of Kenneth Cole, sponsored by Kenneth Cole Black Fragrance and Gen Art.
• Bon Appetit Supper Club World-class chefs such as Cat Cora will serve up gourmet fare at private parties for casts at the festival, including Chris Rock, Susan Sarandon and Pierce Brosnan.
• Chef Dance Bethenny Frankel will host a five-day culinary event where world-famous chefs like Kerry Simon will prepare their signature dishes for such invitees as Jack White, Hugh Dancy and Ashley Judd.
• Axe Fix Club DJ AM will spin at Friday night’s kickoff party.
• Ray-Ban Visionary Award Party Stop by Sunday to see Ewan McGregor honored by the Creative Coalition.
• Queer Lounge The space will host events, panels and press conferences (with cocktails from Absolut) for film’s like Jim Carey and Ewan McGregor’s I Love You Philip Morris in order to raise visibility for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) films and filmmakers in Park City.