Tommy Lee Burned Onstage at Concert
The Motley Crue drummer is injured when a Roman candle reportedly goes awry
Tommy Lee was taken to a hospital Wednesday night in Casper, Wyo., after the Motley Crue drummer was burned during a pyrotechnics stunt, according to police.
A Casper Police Department spokesman tells PEOPLE that the 42-year-old Tommy Lee Goes to College reality-show star suffered superficial burns on his arms and face. He was treated at the Wyoming Medical Center and released Wednesday night.
Lee went on with the show and performed another song after being injured, but the concert was cut short because of the incident.
Motley Crue singer Vince Neil says: “He didn’t look good while the paramedics were treating him backstage so we chose to err on the side of caution and send him to the hospital.”
A spokesperson for Lee tells PEOPLE the accident happened “while (Lee) suspended 30 feet above the stage during a pyrotechnic explosion.” The rep says Lee “is expected to fully recover.”
Reporter Tom Morton of the Casper Star-Tribune attended the concert and said that Lee appeared to be injured when sparks began flying as he swung above the stage suspended from a wire, back and forth between several drum sets.
No shows will be cancelled. The group is scheduled to perform in Bismarck, N.D. on Friday and in Sioux Falls, S.D., on Saturday.
Following the end of the U.S. tour later this month, Motley Crue will join the Rolling Stones for shows in Portland and Seattle before touring in Japan and Australia.