The singer shines the spotlight on artists she loves in a handwritten note
If you have mad love for Taylor Swift‘s music, chances are you’ll be obsessed with her favorite songs by other artists.
Swift, 25, jotted down her list of go-to jams in a notebook and shared it via Instagram on Wednesday.
She titled the playlist “New Songs That Will Make Your Life More Awesome.” In case anyone doubts that, she added, “I promise!”
The singer’s picks run the gamut of empowering (“Alive” by Kehlani will help anyone coping with a breakup) to romantic (“It’s strange, but I don’t need space from you,” sings K. Flay in Louis The Child’s “Strange”).
One person in the pop star’s squad made the list: Hailee Steinfeld‘s collaboration with Hudson Thames, “How I Want Ya,” is the fourth song. Swift showed her love for Steinfeld by scribbling a cute heart doodle next to her name.
Swift regularly gives shout outs to other artists on social media. Earlier this month, she tweeted about an epic orchestral version of "Bad Blood" from Grammy award-winning composer Christopher Tin, and she has been retweeting fans who praise Ryan Adams’ 1989 cover album.
Read on to discover the tunes Swift has been blaring through her speakers.
1. “No Words” by Erik Hassle
2. “Mine” by Phoebe Ryan
3. “Poetic” by Seinabo Sey
4. “How I Want Ya (Feat. Hailee Steinfeld)” by Hudson Thames
5. “New Obsession” by Frankie
6. “Alive (Feat. Coucheron)” by Kehlani
7. “I’m Yours” by Alessia Cara
8. “Sleep On It” by Emmi[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/217956460" params="visual=true&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
9. “Return to the Moon” by El Vy
10. “Swords” by M.I.A.
11. “It’s Strange (Feat. K. Flay) by Louis The Child