15 Photos That Prove Every Day Is Galentine's Day for Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift is all about celebrating her squad
Parks and Recreation gave us no shortage of pop culture gems (cough, “5000 Candles in the Wind”), but perhaps one of the most celebrated is Galentine’s Day. The holiday’s creator, Leslie Knope, claims it’s the best day of the year. (It is.) “Every Feb. 13, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style,” she explains. “Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
If there’s one celebrity who embraces the basic tenets of Galentine’s Day, it’s Taylor Swift. Whether you want to plan your own celebration or just bask in a moment of feel-good female friendships, here are 15 times every day was Galentine’s Day for the singer.
1. When Taylor shared a throwback photo of herself and BFF Abigail because their friendship never goes out of style.
2. When things got super festive with Hailee Steinfeld.
3. When she became the godmother to Jaime King’s son because what more important way is there to support your friend?
4. When she twinned with Karlie Kloss during their courtside hangtime.
5. When Taylor and her friends dressed up to celebrate Shirley MacLaine.
6. When she and Karlie got ready for the Met Gala together the same way we get ready with our besties before going out.
7. When Taylor celebrated the various (and amazing) accomplishments of her friends.
8. When she made dinner with Karlie and Martha Hunt because every Galentine’s Day celebration needs food.
9. When she went down an epic waterslide with her friends because this joy is everything.
10. When Taylor was her childhood friend’s maid of honor because she’ll always stand by her.
11. When she threw her friend Camila a birthday party because while every occasion is worth celebrating, birthdays are especially so.
12. When she invited her friends to star in a music video because there is strength in numbers.
13. When Cara stole her phone and she couldn’t help but laugh — and share the results with the world.
14. When Taylor and her friends floated around on a flock of inflatable animals (because you know Leslie Knope would be all about this.)
15. When she and Martha went to cheer of Gigi Hadid at her fashion show.
Here’s to celebrating female friendships on Galentine’s Day — and every day.