The Aerosmith frontman suffered facial injuries while on tour in South America
Steven Tyler suffered facial injuries in a fall at a hotel Tuesday while on tour in Paraguay, which his manager has attributed to food poisoning.
“Steven Tyler suffered minor injuries as a result of food poisoning,” Eric Sherman tells PEOPLE in a statement. “He was taken to the hospital where he was treated and released.”
Tyler reportedly received stitches and had emergency dental work done. An Aerosmith show scheduled for Tuesday night in Paraguay was rescheduled for Wednesday.
“Steven would like to sincerely apologize to his fans in Paraguay for the inconvenience and hopes to see them all [Wednesday] night,” Sherman says.
A bellboy at Tyler’s hotel told a local radio station that Tyler slipped when he was taking a shower and “had a nasty fall.”
Tyler was airlifted to a hospital in 2009 after falling from the stage during a concert in western South Dakota.
• Reporting by JOEY BARTOLOMEO