Major League Baseball canceled all 15 scheduled games on Tuesday for the first time since 1989 when an earthquake in the San Francisco Bay area struck a half hour before Game Three of the World Series. Commissioner Bud Selig, who ironically visited the World Trade Center last week with his wife, released a statement in which he said that he based his decision on “the interest of security and out of a sense of deep mourning for the national tragedy.” He added that he would continue to monitor the situation before determining whether Wednesday’s games would also be affected. Precautions are being taken all over the sports world. National events that have officially been canceled include the PGA Tour’s World Golf Championship (scheduled to have started Thursday) and Tuesday night’s U.S. Women’s Cup doubleheader. Meanwhile, Big East Commissioner Mike Tranghese said that his conference would make a decision Wednesday. NFL spokesman Joe Browne said his league’s verdict would come today or tomorrow. Finally, in a fax that was sent to every NHL team, Commissioner Gary Bettman urged increased security around arenas and practice facilities. Garnet “Ace” Bailey, 53, director of pro scouting for the Los Angeles Kings NHL hockey team, was among the 65 passengers on the second airliner that was flown into the World Trade Center. Team spokesman Mike Altieri said that Mark Bavis, an amateur scout for the Kings, also was on the flight.