“I can’t even begin to touch that one, to be honest, because it’s a 3-year-old,” the actress, 45, told Entertainment Tonight at the American Cancer Society’s Inaugural Giants of Science Gala in Beverly Hills on Saturday. “I would imagine your child having cancer is devastating as a parent.”
Doherty went on to provide advice to Bublé and his family, as she herself is still undergoing final chemotherapy treatments after being diagnosed with breast cancer in February 2015.
“Just trust in your doctors,” she said. “Make sure you have amazing doctors, a great team and know that organizations like the American Cancer Society, Stand Up to Cancer, they are doing so much good for cancer.
“And [there is] so much research that we have much better chances now. Stay positive. That positivity, that outlook on life that you can get through something, it actually does get you through.”
Doherty has been fairly candid about her battle with cancer, specifically on social media. She frequently provides Instagram updates, including a recent post-chemo workout video, photos of undergoing treatment, and even documenting the moment she shaved her head. She also opened up to Chelsea Handler late last month about her nearly two-year-long ordeal.
RELATED VIDEO: Shannen Doherty Opens Up About Her Battle With Cancer to Chelsea Handler in Emotional Interview
On Friday, the singer announced that he and his wife would be taking time off to help their ailing son.
“We are devastated about the recent cancer diagnosis of our oldest son Noah who is currently undergoing treatment in the US,” Bublé, 41, and his wife Luisana Lopilato, 29, wrote in a statement posted to the Canadian singer’s Facebook page. “We have always been very vocal about the importance of family and the love we have for our children.”