No dwarfs or park attendees were harmed after sparks from fireworks hit the new attraction

By People Staff
Updated November 03, 2014 11:30 AM
Credit: John Raoux/AP

The most magical place on Earth got slightly less magical Saturday night, when a small portion of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction at Florida’s Walt Disney World caught fire.

The blaze was blamed on the nightly fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom – embers from the fireworks landed on a building near the Mine Train, a Disney spokeswoman told Fox affiliate WGHP.

The fire was extinguished within minutes – thanks to an aerial ladder – eyewitnesses said. The few people who were on the ride at the time were able to get off safely, and no injuries or damage to the ride were reported.

The attraction was closed for two hours before reopening around midnight.

And we can all sigh a collective “heigh-ho” of relief that no dwarfs were harmed, either.

Want more stories like this?

Sign up for our newsletter and other special offers:

Thank you for signing up!