The Food Network host's famed eatery was the home to Kim Kardashian's wedding rehearsal dinner
The eatery – which opened its first location in Manhattan in 2008 – is owned by Scott Conant, the host of 24 Hour Restaurant Battle on the Food Network. Scarpetta has since expanded to other major cities: Miami, Toronto, L.A. and at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas.
Want to stuff your stomach like a star? Conant reveals the ingredients to a dish he cooked for his private dinner party at Gilt City’s house in the Hamptons last month. Follow the recipe below:
1 lb ricotta, sheep’s milk
2 eggs, yolks
¼ cup spinach, blanched and chopped fine
½ cup Parmesan
4 tbsp flour
3 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
To taste nutmeg, grated
To taste salt
To taste pepper
• Mix all the ingredients together & let rest for 10 minutes.
• Make two small balls and test cook. Place in boiling water until they float, then shock in ice water.
• Taste; if they are too soft and don’t hold together, add more flour and test again.
• Portion all of the gnudi and roll into balls.
• Cook and shock as before, then coat in olive oil and reserve.
• Bring a large pot of water to a simmer and add the gnudi.
• In a separate sauté pan, take some of the water from gnudi, butter and sage. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
• Drain gnudi and toss in pan with the butter and sage, and gently mix until they are coated.
• Finish with Parmesan and a drizzle of virgin olive oil.