Roy Horn Transferred to New Hospital
Las Vegas illusionist Roy Horn, who has been fighting for his life since he was bitten in the neck by one of his famous white tigers, has been transferred from University Medical Center in Las Vegas to UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, reports PEOPLE.
Horn, 59, was transferred on Tuesday. He had been in intensive care at UMC, reputedly Nevada’s top-rated trauma center, since the Oct. 3 incident, which took place on the stage during a “Siegfried & Roy” performance at the Mirage Hotel.
“Roy is now making the transition from survival to recovery,” longtime partner Siegfried Fischbacher, 65, said in a statement released by UCLA. “While we are all aware that the road ahead is long, all of us in the Siegfried & Roy family are encouraged by Roy’s remarkable demonstration of will, courage and faith.
“The outpouring of love and support from around the world has touched us all, and we know this support has — and will — contribute to Roy’s recovery,” Fischbacher’s statement continued. “We want to thank everyone who has sent their best wishes and prayers during this difficult time.”
According to Reuters, the duo’s manager, Bernie Yuman, said: “All of us in the Siegfried & Roy family are encouraged by his remarkable will and progress during this challenging time.”
Per the request of the family, Bernie Yuman said no further information will be available, according to UCLA.
UCLA officials say Horn was admitted for further evaluation and treatment. His condition remains serious, physicians say, but his vital signs are stable.