The fitness guru says he "feels compelled to set the record straight and refute these lies."
Richard Simmons is setting the record straight.
The fitness guru took to social media to address the recent rumors surrounding his disappearance.
“Some tabloids have recently falsely reported that I am transitioning,” Simmons, 67, wrote on his Facebook page on Tuesday. “In response, I feel compelled to set the record straight and refute these lies. Although I am not transitioning, I have and always will be supportive of those who are going through their journey.”
Simmons added, “We should not lose focus on showing love, strength and compassion to all of the LGBT community during these tragic times. My broken heart and healing thoughts are with the people of Orlando and all other victims of prejudice, bigotry and hate.”
The post comes shortly after Simmons was hospitalized for dehydration, which sparked further concerns.
“[Richard] has decided to live quietly the last few years,” Simmons’ rep Tom Estey previously told PEOPLE in response to the transition rumors. “He had knee surgery a few years ago and has a bum knee surgery a few years ago and has a bum knee. He is still on Twitter and Facebook and works behind the scenes continuing to inspire and motivate people to lose weight. When he decides to come back, he will come back.”