December 28, 2001 12:11 PM

There will be a Destiny’s Child reunion, but don’t put your orders in for a new CD just yet. The Grammy-winning R&B trio (“Say My Name”) fronted by Beyonce Knowles, 20, who earlier this month announced, “Destiny’s Child is going to take a little break,” will make good on plans to tour together in 2002. But they probably will not record as a group again before 2003, the singers’ manager, Mathew Knowles (Beyonce’s father), said in a statement Thursday. “Destiny’s Child has no intention of breaking up,” he said in the statement, published by Reuters. “The ladies of Destiny’s Child did talk of taking a ‘break’ but never used the word ‘break-up.’ ” Knowles and her band mates, Kelly Rowland, 20, and Michelle Williams, 21, are booked for several gigs next year, among them the American Music Awards show on Jan. 9, the NAACP Image Awards in February and a world tour beginning in the spring, said Mathew Knowles. But, “They’re going to chill out with Destiny’s Child for the year 2002 and concentrate on solo efforts, and probably in 2003, they’ll come back as a group and record together,” said Anissa Gordon, a spokeswoman for the group’s management company, Music World Entertainment.

You May Like

EDIT POST