7 Times Beyoné Slayed and You Didn't Even Realize
Beyoncé’s no stranger to big displays. She dishes out surprise albums, visual albums, worldwide witch hunts (for Becky with the good hair, duh!), and pregnancy announcements on the VMA stage.
And our Queen slays in subtle ways, too – ways she doesn’t even mention.
But they’re there. Oh, they’re there.
1. She holds the record for the fast-selling album on iTunes.
Her self-titled surprise album, “BEYONCé”, shattered records, selling 828,773 albums in just 72 hours. And this was with no pre-release press, no teases and no warning.
2. She’s had the most albums in a row land at the number one spot on Billboard.
Lemonade is the most recent album to be earn the top spot – her sixth in a row.
3. She was part of the second best-selling female group of all time, Destiny’s Child.
The Spice Girls took the top spot, but it’s a fierce battle for number one in our hearts.
4. She was the first non-model to appear on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.
We can’t think of another woman more deserving of the honor.
5. She has the biggest album (Lemonade) so far of 2016.
Somehow, we think she’ll hold onto this status throughout the year.
6. She’s the highest-earning black artist of all time.
Even superstars like Prince and Michael Jackson are no match for Queen Bey. In 2014, just after the Mrs. Carter Show world tour concluded, she shot to the top of the list. 7. She won the most Grammys for a female artist in one single night.
In the year of “Single Ladies”, 2010, Bey took home six Grammys in one evening – a record that no one has yet to surpass, though Adele came close (she tied in 2012.)