LIVE
By People Staff
Updated May 18, 1999 12:00 AM
Advertisement

British news sources are reporting that no major charges will be filed in the Paris automobile crash that killed Princess Diana in August 1997, but a spokeswoman for Diana’s brother said Sunday the family had received no word of the French investigation’s results. “As far as we’re concerned it’s still very much speculation,” said Shelley-Anne Claircourt, spokeswoman for Earl Spencer, Diana’s brother. “We’ll have nothing to say until we hear officially.”

  • Britain’s Sunday Mirror reported that a judge in Paris has decided that no manslaughter charges will be filed in the crash that also killed Diana’s companion, Dodi Fayed, and Henri Paul, the driver of the limousine in which they were riding. The Mirror, saying it had obtained parts of the investigation report, said that only minor charges would be filed — against three paparazzi (from whom Diana’s car had been fleeing) for “failing to assist persons in danger and obstructing emergency services.”