Eric Jamison/AP
placeholder
September 15, 2016 02:45 PM

Prince‘s estate is facing a $56,260 claim from an event planner after two parties scheduled to take place at the late singer’s Paisley Park residence were canceled.

Ricky Barron says he incurred major expenses for two events that never took place at Prince’s iconic Minnesota home. The first, a party for the Make-a-Wish charity, was to be held on May 21, a month after the music legend’s death at age 57. The second event was for Mixed Blood Theatre.

According to a claim filed Wednesday in Carver County, Minnesota and obtained by PEOPLE, Barron is seeking $56,260 “for work performed on behalf of Paisley Park [and] also for projected profits on events the estate canceled.” The labor performed includes consulting fees, rental equipment and catering.

Barron is not the only one taking action against Prince’s estate for the canceled parties. Jack Reuler, the artistic director of Mixed Blood Theatre, is reportedly suing over the cancellation of the theatre’s 40th anniversary gala planned for May 14. In documents also obtained by PEOPLE, Reuler is seeking $348,358 for refunded tickets and sponsorships, items purchased, the hours of labor that had been spend on the project.

RELATED VIDEO: Battle Begins for Prince’s $250 Million Estate After Sister Says Singer Had No Known Will

Neither Bremer Trust, the special administrator for Prince’s estate, nor the Make-a-Wish foundation have responded to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

You May Like

EDIT POST