Party like the rocker with some of his favorite football-ready treats, including seven layer dip
This year, Pete Wentz is getting close to the Super Bowl XLV action – very close.
He’ll be in Dallas watching the big game Sunday live from Cowboys Stadium as part of the final lap of Mercedes Benz’s Super Bowl Tweet Race.
And while fans have been playing along with the rocker online in the days leading up to the Super Bowl, now they can party like him.
What are Wentz’s favorite Super Bowl party snacks and drinks? The rocker shared them with PEOPLE:
Seven Layer Dip
“My dad makes this all the time,” he tells PEOPLE. “I’m not a great cook, so this is easy for me and takes 10 minutes. [Wife] Ashlee likes olives, so I always make sure to throw a few in there.”
“This dish is kind of a Simpson thing, but now that I’m family, I’m allowed in the circle. Though my wife and mother-in-law definitely are the pros when it comes to making this one. We actually have it year-round.”
Capone Amber Ale
“A couple of my friends started brewing this and serving it at their bars [in Chicago]. I’m not much of a beer connoisseur, but I really like this one. It’s a great local beer and it’s really starting to catch on.”
Want to try the seven layer dip yourself? Here’s the recipe:
Pete Wentz’s Seven Layer Dip
• 1 ½ pounds ground beef
• 1 can refried beans
• 4 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
• 1 8 oz. container of sour cream
• 1 cup guacamole
• 1 cup salsa
• 1 can black olives, chopped
• ½ cup chopped tomatoes
• ½ cup chopped red onions
1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Set aside to drain and cool to room temperature.
2. Spread the beans into the bottom of a 13×9 inch serving tray that is 1 ½ inches deep. Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded cheese on top of beans. Sprinkle beef on top of cheese. Spread sour cream very slowly on top of beef. Spread guacamole on top of sour cream. Pour salsa over guacamole and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese. Sprinkle black olives, tomatoes, and green onions on top.
3. You can serve this dish immediately, or refrigerate it over night and serve cold.